Staying Current with PS 264
Updates from P.S 264 and the New York City Department of Education will continue to be shared via Class Dojo and School Messenger and posted on our website ps264.org.
Paper notices will also continue to come home.
Teachers sent home their Class Dojo codes with the children. If you haven’t received it, please reach out so we can assist you.
Resources for Workers:
You have the right to use safe and sick leave to care for yourself or anyone you consider family.
· For more information visit the Department of Consumer and Worker Protection’s website for information available in over 20 languages.
· Workers in NYC are covered by many labor and employment laws, regardless of immigration status.
Food Pantries and community kitchens
o Food pantries provide groceries you can cook at home and community kitchens provide hot meals. If you need food immediately, find locations near you by using the NYC Food Map.
Resources for Reporting Harassment or Discrimination:
Hate and discrimination against anyone on the basis of their race, national origin, or other status is not tolerated in New York City. The New York City Commission on Human Rights, Mayor's Office for the Prevention of Hate Crimes, and NYPD are monitoring and responding to reported hate and bias incidents resulting from fear and stigma related to COVID-19.
· Call 311 to report harassment or discrimination.
· Call 911 if you are the victim of a hate crime or witness what you believe to be a hate crime. NYPD officers will not ask about the immigration status of anyone seeking help and language assistance is available.
If your child is having trouble logging into their google classroom, please reach out to Ms. Katlyn so that she can assist the student in logging in. Please do not change the password yourself.
We know many students do not have devices. We are currently working to get them devices. We will begin with the upper grades and work down to the lower grades. Please Dojo the teacher if your child needs a device so they can let Ms. Katlyn know.
Middle school applications open October 26th. Ms. Katlyn will be sending home the instructions on how to create a MySchools account as well as applying for middle school. Please keep an eye out for the letter. As always if you need assistance reach out to her at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718-630-1650 ext. 1065
Resources from the NYC Office of Emergency Management on the below topics
· Employment resources
· Food assistance
· Health & medical assistance
· Financial assistance
· Rent arrears and public assistance
· Emotional support & Spiritual care
· Access to free internet at home
· Remote learning devices
· Other assistance
NYC Schools Account
Parents and Guardians: We’ve made it easier to sign up for a NYC Schools Account (NYCSA). Setting up a basic account will allow you to get emergency notifications from the DOE.
· Set up the account by:
· Entering your name and email address,
· creating a password, and
· answering a few brief security questions so you can reset the password if you forget it.
After you create your account, you will need to verify your identity and your relationship to that student. You can do that by coming to the lobby with I.D. and asking for Ms. Katlyn. She will assist in setting up your account. Once you do that you will be able to see your child’s grades, test scores, and attendance.